This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a PC or sticking to these websites?
My name is Ursy and I'm looking to build a PC. Im looking to build a PC for college that can handle art programmes, editing software, animation software, and of course PC games. I have never built anything like this before in my life. I don't really know where to start but I have so far managed to save up 150 euro for parts but that buget will increase once my 21st rolls around in april. (My sis got a car for her 21st so I might get up to a grand if I'm lucky but if not i'll hold out till summer and get a job to help save up some more for the PC)
I have been recommended to these sites instead of building my own from scratch
http://www.compu-zone.ie
http://www.custompc.ie
My current pc is a acer aspire x3995, I can't upgrade the graphics card in it.

So what's my best bet? Buying the individual pieces and try and put it together myself, or use the websites? If it's the websites, which pc should I pick in your opinions?
Build it. Always.

Paying someone else to do it isn't exactly something bad, but if you can save money and get better parts, that's the route I'd take any day.
Building a PC is like Lego except things only fit one way. (If it fits another way you've broken it).

There are plenty of fantastic YouTube guides on PC building. There's also this forum too.
Build it from scratch, dont design that shit from scratch.
google "600$ gaming pc" or whatever your pricepoint is.
Keep in mind that you'll need an os, but you can just call windows with a sticker from your old pc
If you listen very closely under your bed when your going to sleep you can hear the words
"Please Subscribe" Cool
Building gives you the choice to make sure every aspect of your PC is exactly what you want it to be, but honestly sometimes buying a prebuilt can have a close or even better performance/value ratio than building. But it all depends on what you exactly want out of your PC.

If you want to build/want opinions on what to buy, always feel free to ask! I've personally built around 10 computers in the past 7 years and I'm sure a lot of other members on this forum have done the same.
Chilled Soda likes this post
(01-19-2017, 03:00 AM)B.Lund Wrote: Building gives you the choice to make sure every aspect of your PC is exactly what you want it to be, but honestly sometimes buying a prebuilt can have a close or even better performance/value ratio than building. But it all depends on what you exactly want out of your PC.

If you want to build/want opinions on what to buy, always feel free to ask! I've personally built around 10 computers in the past 7 years and I'm sure a lot of other members on this forum have done the same.

alright. question. where do I start? I dont know where to start, apart from making a list of what I'll need and that I have no idea of. A friend of mine in college who plays alot of CS:GO says I should get a GTx 1060 grapics card
i5-6500 proccessor
WD Blue Hard disk drive
some sort of case
a power supply
a motherboard
DVD Rom

am  i missing anything? will i need tools to put it together? what sort of cases and stuff should I be looking at?

EDIT 18/02/2017
Ive started looking at getting the parts and i know im definatly going to get the GTx 1060 grapics card and i5-6500 proccessor, tho those two parts alone are going to cost me half a grand because the cheapest places to get them dont ship outside of the US. Im taking suggestions for these parts:
CPU Cooler
Motherboard
Memory
Storage
Case
Power Supply
Optical Drive
Operating System
Software
Sound Cards, Wired Network Adapters, Wireless Network Adapters
Case Fans, Fan Controllers, Thermal Compound, UPS Systems