This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Do you like dustbowl?
This poll is closed.
Yes.mp4
81.82%
9 81.82%
Nope.avi
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How would you rebalance CP_Dustbowl?
Dustbowl has been a map since TFC. and was one of the original 6 maps when tf2 got released.
To this day though the map tends to be very unbalanced especially for the defending team.

One problem is that there is no time limit "cap"
When a capture point is captured by an opposing team, additional time will be added.
For most maps however, there is a limit towards that, for example, if a map has a time limit "cap" of 10 minutes but every cap adds 4 minutes, it will always add 4 minutes of extra time UNLESS the added time will exceed the limit. in that case, if a match has 8 minutes of time left, a captured point would only add 2 minutes instead of 4, meaning the time limit will never exceed 10 minutes.

Dustbowl does NOT have this and if the attacking team is fast, the final round can last OVER 20 MINUTES!
But this is just one of the many problems dustbowl has, what would you do more to fix it
(While changing the world geometry as least as possible)

P.S. I have to admit that dustbowl is still fun time to time
[Image: gZ9oU19.png]
I personally think the map was just made for a different era, back when demo was really strong and pipes exploded on contact even if it was a roller, and engies could only upgrade sentry guns. Now engie is just really good on the last point defense on all of the stages of the map, but demo has a slightly harder time killing the gun. As for the community not liking it is because it requires more than 1 med to push against a well coordinated team. But to answer the question I don't think much could fix it without doing a complete overhaul like some of the cs:go maps got.
Blam weeb stuff!
(01-19-2017, 09:09 PM)Luka Wrote: I personally think the map was just made for a different era, back when demo was really strong and pipes exploded on contact even if it was a roller, and engies could only upgrade sentry guns. Now engie is just really good on the last point defense on all of the stages of the map, but demo has a slightly harder time killing the gun. As for the community not liking it is because it requires more than 1 med to push against a well coordinated team. But to answer the question I don't think much could fix it without doing a complete overhaul like some of the cs:go maps got.

Thing is, if the map geometry would change too much, it just wouldn't be dustbowl anymore but rather a different map
[Image: gZ9oU19.png]